What is covered in the lessons?
My lessons are tailored to the individual, regardless of level, goals or playing experience. Because everybody learns differently, the lessons need to be customised to suit the learning style of each student.
Whilst I know that grades aren’t for everyone, I take many students through the grade process because of the structured approach which they provide. I am familiar with Rockschool, RGT, Trinity and ABRSM classical guitar grades and have entered many of my students for examinations from grade one through to eight. I can can also help prepare students for A level or GCSE music exams, or provide additional support for revision or special music projects. Areas of tuition include:
- Absolute Beginners
- Ukulele lessons for young children
- Playing For Fun!
- Coverage of many different modern and classic styles (Rock, Blues, pop, funk, classical)
- Music Theory, from beginner through to advanced levels
- Guidance with Composition/Songwriting
- Understanding improvisation
- Understanding and analysing harmony
When learning an instrument, enjoyment is the important thing and I most commonly find that students have become a bit stuck in a rut with their playing. This is very common and can easily be overcome with a bit of careful guidance.